B for Bhavana and Bhavana for courage!!

Image Source: Bhavana Menon Facebook page

Bhavana..

"M Fangirling right now!!"

"I wasn't before though i have seen your movies and yes you are a fabulous actor (not that you need any certificate from me, your ever-increasing fan base,  awards and accolades are a testimony to that)  but now i am one of your fans not because you are a celebrity or an actress but for being a courageous woman you are!!"

Long story short...
A very popular Malayalam actor Bhavana(yes i revealed her name and i don't have an iota of regret for doing so because this post is dedicated to her) was molested in her own car for several hours on Friday night.
Its solely the prerogative of a woman in molestation cases to come out and reveal her name and we completely agreed with few media agencies who kept her name under wraps while many others (some blogs) didn't even think twice before flashing her name in bold letters alongwith a photograph of the actress. πŸ™ˆπŸ˜ˆ(yes,  right, how would North Indians know who she is, so it's quite legitimate to attach her photo also, just in case, you know??)

It was prithviraj sukumaran, a South Indian actor and her colleague (they were about to start work together for an upcoming movie) who in his facebook page post, revealed that she has decided to drop that movie and
choose not to come in front of the camera for a certain while (understandable πŸ™), and lets not forget to mention acting is her passion. We can fathom how horrifying the incident must have been to forego something you love 😒. Read the complete post hereπŸ‘‡

While i am writing this, prithviraj had penned another powerful post just 13hrs back,revealing yet another news(good news in that case) that bhavana is back to work!!! (πŸ‘πŸ‘ again cannot fathom how much courage someone needs to do this, huge shoutout bhavana). Read the complete postπŸ‘‡


COURAGE
-----------

Some of the most poignant moments in my life have been punctuated with moments of incredible courage. Courage from what I have now fully realised are God's most benevolent yet intricate creations. WOMEN! 
From a mother picking up pieces of a suddenly derailed life, to bring up two young boys to be the men they are today..to a wife who at the fag end of a 40 hour labour, just as she was being cut open without an anaesthetic, holding my hand and telling me "It's alright Prithvi"..I have repeatedly been dumbfounded in realising how much of a lesser being I am in the company of the women in my life. 
And today..as my dear friend walks in to the sets to kick start the shooting of her new film "ADAM", I once again bear witness to an extraordinary moment of courage from an extraordinary woman in my life! Today..she makes a statement..a statement that will echo through time, space and gender..that no one or no incident has control over your life but YOU! A statement that will now be part of counselling sessions and pep talks around the world. A statement that you my friend..are making in a million unheard voices!
And to those voices I apologise..for at an age and time when I wasn't wise enough..I have been part of films that celebrated misogyny..I have mouthed lines that vilified regard for your self respect and I have taken a bow to the claps that ensued. NEVER AGAIN..never again will I let disrespect for women be celebrated in my movies! Yes..I'm an actor and this is my craft! I will whole heartedly trudge the grey and black with characters that possess unhinged moral compasses...but I will never let these men be glorified or their actions justified on screen.
Once again..ladies and gentlemen..stand up and applaud for her! Behind the gutsy spunk, there is a vulnerable celebrity who knew well enough what this decision of hers would mean to a life under constant scrutiny. But she also knew..that she had to see it through...for that would set an example..light a torch that will show a path for many to follow!Today she makes a statement..
A statement of extraordinary courage!
Fanboy for life...dear friend..fanboy for life!
Love always,
Prithvi.

Link to prithviraj sukumaran facebook page :
https://www.facebook.com/PrithvirajSukumaran/

Considering how lazy i am when it comes to blogging. Thank you bhavana and prithviraj for giving me a reason and writing such a beautiful post to make a part of my blog. Which is what i always wanted,
that my blog should stand for all things good!!

❤️❤️
Vithya


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master of Science - Nutrition and health communication

NPTEL online courses 2018

Book Review : Murder on the orient express - A Murder mystery fit for light hearted